Whether you’re a top-class athlete or someone who trains for fitness or weight loss, a sports or holistic massage can help you reach your personal fitness goals, help prevent injury, improve your flexibility and give a wonderful sense of relaxation and well-being.
Specifically, massage will benefit you in the following ways:
- Pumping: Tight or damaged muscles can squeeze blood out of tissues thus depriving them of vital nutrients. Massage manually pumps the blood into the tissue to help speed up growth and repair.
- Permeability: Massage allows the pores in tissue to open, allowing waste products out and nutrients in.
- Stretching: Massage is a far more effective way of maintaining or improving flexibility than stretching alone.
- Broadening: A muscle’s power is related to its ability to contract (shorten & broaden). If a muscle is tense and tight it won’t be able to function optimally.
- Breaks Down Scar Tissue: Massage can help remove scar tissue which can have an inhibitive effect on muscles and tendons.
- Improves Circulation: By opening up the blood vessels nutrients can reach tissue more efficiently.
- Pain Reduction: Massage helps release endorphins, the body’s Happy Hormones and natural pain-killers.
- Physical Relaxation: Massage stimulates muscle receptors which cause a relaxation response in the muscles.
- Psychological Relaxation: Stress levels are reduced.
- Invigorating: A brisk pre-event massage can help improve both physical performance and mental focus.
For more information on what type of Massage is appropriate for you please contact us.